Saturday, September 16, 2017

Aftermath of the annual town-wide yard sale event



It's the annual September town-wide yard sale day and only by accident did I go out today and get sucked into it. Happily I might add.

There's no reason to bore you with details. You really should just see some of the goodies hubby and I brought home. The tin dishes above are some of the goodies.

1950s or 60s figurines.


 Glass Christmas balls.


 Vintage tablecloth (it's folded so this is 1/4 of it) and a sewing bag.


 A 1995 Mickey Mouse tree topper that moves and lights up when plugged in and a 16mm reel of Krazy Kat - "Frogs and Kats" episode.


Here's your warning. I like creepy things. 

I couldn't pass on these poor old dolls.

These two are pretty gothic looking. But it wasn't until I stood them up that I noticed the lady's head is turned backwards. I'm leaving it that way.



These beauties are so elegantly dressed, but one of them has a broken neck.


 It's a little "What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?", isn't it?


Don't say I didn't warn you.

I'm looking forward to turning this set into a pincushion doll.


I love her little bracelet and her buckle shoes with little straps and heels.

I also scored a pristine feather comforter and now I'm ready for winter. 

Hubby and I didn't even unpack the car when we got home. We both immediately fell asleep in our comfy chairs and took a nap. 

Next post, I'll tell you what happy accident brought me into town in the first place, though I'm really glad it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment