Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Readers are Makers

This week is a shout out to readers and customers who have sent photos of the SweaterDoll projects they have made.

The projects are from my blog tutorials, patterns, magazine articles, and Embroidery School.

I couldn't be more proud of the work readers share with me. Don't you just love them?

I recently received this photo from Donna and am tickled pink! Puzzle balls are one of my favorite things to make. The tutorial is available in this post (and as a downloadable pdf also).
 

This doll has been a delight to me, not only because it was made using my most popular sewing pattern - the Folksy Lady doll pattern - but because the lovely woman who made it, Belinda, and I have practically become online pen pals writing back and forth about doll patterns of all types. 

Belinda adjusted the pattern so not only the arms but also the legs are attached using buttons and I love the look immensely.










Marcia G. has been an active participant of Embroidery School and its Facebook group. Here is her finished work using this free pattern I posted on the blog. Adorable!



These Kiddos are so cute! What child wouldn't love a basket of these instead of plastic dolls? These were made by customer and reader Barbara D. 


Here I have to apologize. I have lost the original email that came with this photo of one of my handcrafted wooden lucets being used by a customer. If you recognize this as yours, please let me know and I'll update the post.


And for today's last show-and-tell, here is Tawny's ballerina made from one of my doll sewing patterns. I adore the fabric she used for the hair. It's little touches like this that make projects unique and personal.


Reader appreciation continues tomorrow!!! Come back to see more photos.

If you have projects you've made using my tutorials, patterns, or from Embroidery School, send me photos to add this week. 

If by the end of the week you don't see photos you have sent to me in the past, I apologize. I am trying to collect them all in one place but may have missed some. Just email me and send those in.

Thanks for "playing" with me in the sewing room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment