Monday, November 30, 2015

Advent-ure 2015: Cross-Stitch Gift Tags Tutorial


I love a tree skirt piled up with kraft paper presents.

"Brown paper packages tied up with string" (oh, Maria Von Trapp, will you be my mother?) become a neutral canvas against which you can choose a stunning palette of decorative colors each year.

Are you dreaming of a white Christmas? Maybe gold to honor the gifts of the Three Wise Men. Perhaps you'll just go traditional with candy can striped ribbons and garland. I hope you're not having a blue Christmas without them.

One of the ways I like to dress up those packages is with unique gift tags in my chosen colors of the year. This year, I'm going with bright reds, greens and blues. And the theme is "Ugly Christmas Sweater".

With this in mind, I created some cross-stitched gift tags and would love to share them with you. Not so ugly after all!

Download this PDF of instructions and pattern to make your own cross-stitched gift tags this year.

And to give you a little extra creative inspiration, I thought I'd share these gift tags I bought at the thrift store. I got two sheets and have added some embroidered elements to two so far.

 

Happy Stitching and Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment