Thursday, October 24, 2013

Bats go BOO!



Finding the right materials for what I want to do is sometimes a great challenge. It makes every doll a one-of-a-kind experience for me, the maker, and you, the recipient. This bat is a custom order.


This bat is made from repurposed wool sweater, wool suiting, velvet, and the fringed end of a velvet cut out scarf. The little toes let it hang upside down as any respectable bat should.

This weekend I'll be buying Halloween candy for the trick or treaters. May not get many kids at the door, but that last one before we turn the light off? Oh, yeah, baby, are they going to get a LOT of candy!

Don't you love being the last one to the door. "Oh just take the rest of the candy. I'm going to bed." Good times.


I have 2 favorite Halloween memories: the year my older brother and I trick or treated so much we had 4 bags (old fashioned grocery paper bags) of candy & the year I haunted a rich neighborhood and someone had a bowl of nickels. Doesn't sound like much, but a handful of nickels might have been $2 and back in the day when a good sized Hershey's bars only cost 10 cents and the large Tootsie Roll was 5 cents!
Do you have a favorite Halloween tale? Are you batty about candy?



No comments:

Post a Comment