Tuesday, September 15, 2020

It's Harvest Time - and here's an apron for it!

 



It's time to bring in the harvest, collect the eggs, start the fall cleaning. At least up here in the northern hemisphere. 

Down south of the equator, it's time to get those seeds started and get some baby chicks.

Either way, this apron will do the job for you. It's got a huge pocket great for tools and seed packets or bringing in the harvest once it's gotten going.

It's the first pattern I've designed in a few years and it's already a best-seller in my Etsy shop. (UPDATE: THE ETSY SHOP IS CLOSED PERMANENTLY. IF YOU WISH TO ACQUIRE THIS PATTERN, PLEASE EMAIL ME.)

It takes just a little over a yard or metre to make or you can mix and match fabrics as you like.

I can't wait to make more. I found a lovely homespun fabric to make one from. I've even made one from a vintage table cloth. 



But my favorites might be those made by friends and customers. Michelle, an Etsy customer, made a whole batch. And this is a photo of Del, president of the Beerwah CWA in Australia, modeling one made there.



I'm so thrilled everyone loves this apron as much as I do! 


3 comments:

  1. Hi I'm working on this garden apron and the pattern is confusing. Can you explain where the 33" by 5.5 inch pocket goes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no 5.5" pocket. Feel free to email me and tell me what part of the pattern is hanging you up.

      Delete
  2. The two 33" x 5.5" pieces are the ties - one goes on each side of the waistband. The apron, which is the large pocket, in essence, is made with the largest piece you've cut. The two 33" pieces are attached on both sides of the waistband. Once the large piece has been made into the pocket and gathered at the back, the waistband/ties long strip is sewn on. Please feel free to email me if you need more help. sweaterdoll (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete