Where do you get your treasured stitching supplies?
Some supplies can be hard to find such as natural toy stuffing and 100% cotton, linen, or wool threads and fabrics. I'll keep listing more sew-pplies retailers and online sources as I find them. Let me know your favorites and I'll share them here.
About the cost of natural stuffing. It costs about $20 a pound/500gm for natural stuffing. Sometimes that includes shipping and sometimes not. But if that's the price you've worked out, that's pretty typical.
- Morningstar Crafts - wool felt/ wool fleece stuffing/ doll making needles and tools/ needlefelting tools/ craft books
- Eco Filling Australia - natural fiberfill (cotton, wool, eucalyptus, kapok, non-GMO corn)/ sample packs/ pillow inserts/ wool batting toy stuffing
- Bennett and Gregor - wool batting, wool for spinning
- Hemp Wholesale Australia - organic fabrics (cotton, linen, hemp). Wholesaler; contact for retail sources.
- Oz Stitch - stitchery threads and fabrics (Aida, evenweave, linen)/ kits/ patterns
- Spotlight - national fabric and supplies chain
- Lincraft - national fabric and supplies chain
- A Child's Dream Come True - wool felt/ wool fleece stuffing/ sewing needles/ dollmaking supplies
- Frankenmuth Woolen Mill - wool bedding but also wool roving and wool batting
- Nature's Fabrics - quality natural fabrics (cotton/ fleece/ velour/ wool/ jersey knit/ terry)
- Eden Fabrics - organic fabrics (cotton, linen, hemp, soy)
- Jo-Ann Fabrics - national fabric and supplies chain
- Hobby Lobby - national fabric and supplies chain
- Michael's - national craft chain (yarns, threads, stitchery supplies, paints, children's art and craft, woodwork)
- Halcyon Yarn - plant and animal fibers and patterns
- Spoonflower - prints your designs onto fabric or wrapping paper
US customers are having a heck of a time sourcing non-GMO corn stuffing. If you have found a source within the US or Canada, please let me know.
Here is one source in Europe that ships non-GMO corn filling to the US.
- Tinsmiths - natural fabrics (cotton, linen, corduroy, velvet, blanket wool by the metre, dressmaking fabrics, and more)
- Design You Own Fabric - listings for companies in the UK who will print your fabric designs